Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What I Learnt In MPI104...

For the last term I have been attending MPI104  classes as part of my animation degree at CSU  Wagga. We have touched base on a lot of different and interesting things that the web has to offer.

We started off with Google  . Google is a globally recognised search engine, but has so much more than that to offer, it has Google Maps, Google Calendar, Google News, Google Docs, and more. I am only assuming that I am not the only person with the mentality of "I'll just Google it".

Then we started Blogs, this is mine. I have 6 posts so far (including this one). If you would like to view some of my more interesting posts I suggest you click here and here  . Changing the aesthetics of my blog was entertaining. I changed my template to one where I could choose my own picture background. I changed a few of the text colours and fonts to make it more interesting and also bolded and italic’s a few words and added background colour. I have added a number of gadgets including a poll, a slideshow, event, profile and picture, a Wic Wac Woe game, mouse chasing fish, a recent comments section, flickr photo section and an option to rate your reaction to my post. There are so many gadgets and many more that will be trying out as I go. I have also added a content warning page that pops up before you are allowed to enter my blog. I have made a few comments to other class members blogs and they can be found; here , here and of course, here . Some interesting comments that I have found are located here and here .

My favourite of the things we have been introduced to would have to be Flickr . I think it is fantastic. Playing around with your images in picnik, geotagging, interestingness, and sets. Its all one very organised photo storer and sharer. I have uploaded 40 items, joined 3 groups and have found some favourite images. Some of which are found here , here and here .

Del.icio.us ! I love the idea of it, what a neat invention. The fact that I can save my favourite websites and access them anywhere is awesome! I have actually found myself using this site a little when I need to remember a website but haven’t got a pen handy. I have 60 bookmarked pages! I think i have bookmarked every class members blog, my Flickr and Delicious account, a few favourtie webpages including jokes page because I am interested in jokes and LOLing. Some pages I have bookmarked are here , here  and finally, here .

I believe that’s about it for me on our first half of MPI. I am pleased to say that I have benefited from this subject and cannot wait till continue on with our webpage designing. Becky Gibson.